IMPORTANCE OF SENIOR SECONDARY YEARS AT SCHOOL
Senior secondary education is one of the most important phases of a student’s life. From college admission to graduation subjects, these years have a huge impact on a student’s career. The senior years at school are the stepping stones to the life ahead. These are the important years during which the students can plan and pan out their whole professional journey.
As one of the leading ICSE schools in Kolkata, we found the answers to some of the frequently asked questions on senior secondary education that you will find useful.
How can I study better in senior secondary school?
To perform better in senior secondary school, you can do the following things:
- Take class notes and also prepare your own notes: You should diligently take notes from your classes and supplement them with your self-prepared notes. Amalgamation of both will give the best output and you will develop a clear concept about the topic.
- Have a study routine: Having a routine is the most effective way to be organised and complete your tasks. Create a timetable for yourself that involves a mix of studies, sports and leisure activities.
- Avoid distractions: You should keep yourself away from distractions. Things such as phones, TV or video games can distract you from getting work done. Make your study desk a gadget-free zone (except a laptop, if you use one for study).
- Multiple revisions: Multiple revisions are a great way to ensure that you have understood the concepts well. One of the best ways to revise and test your knowledge is to attempt mock question papers.
How to motivate yourself?
To keep yourself motivated students can do following things:
- Read motivational books: Reading inspirational books is one of the best ways to keep yourself motivated. There are many self-help books that can give you insights on developing time-management and organisational skills. You can also read biographies of great personalities.
- Never compare yourself with others: You need to understand that you are unique in your own way. Comparing yourself with others will do no good.
- Journal writing: Journal writing helps you gain clarity about your thoughts and with clarity you will observe positive outcomes in every task.
How do you cultivate self-discipline as a student?
Some of the ways to cultivate self discipline are:
- Plan your day ahead and write down each and every task with a deadline. It will provide you clarity about the tasks for the next day.
- Follow your deadlines and work hard to achieve it.
- Avoid distractions, keep your smart phones away from your reach while studying.
- Try to have a single space to study. Daily follow your routine this will help your mind to develop this habit.
What are five study mistakes that most students make?
Common five study mistakes that most students make in their senior secondary schooling.
- Students make a plan but don’t stick to it. Making a plan is important but working hard to fulfil different tasks within deadlines is essential.
- They do not make their own notes.
- Keeping distracting things nearby while studying.
- Not doing multiple revisions.
- Not practising mock tests.
How to avoid distractions?
Some of the ways to avoid distractions include:
- Create and follow your to-do list.
- Find a quiet environment to study.
- Use calming music.
- Use noise cancelling headphones that can block noise distractions
- Keep smartphones, video games and other devices away from the study desk.
Got more questions? Drop us a message at www.facebook.com/adamasais and we will get back to you.